Oswego Health provides virtual visits! We hope this eases our community's mind and helps with social distancing too. You now can see your physician in the comfort of your home and not worry about missing your appointment.
What to expect from a virtual visit
A virtual visit is much like an office visit. You'll have an appointment time to check in, by way of a mobile device or computer. When the provider is ready to see you, you'll be connected through a video link. The provider will have your chart in front of them.
Your provider might have you take your temperature. They might also talk you through taking your pulse. Your provider will ask you about your symptoms.
You can help your visit go more smoothly by following these steps:
- Use a good webcam. Your computer probably came with one and most smartphones have one.
- Set the camera at eye level.
- Make sure your volume is turned on.
- Try out your microphone before the visit.
- Use a wired internet connection instead of Wi-Fi, if possible.
- Close other computer programs you won't need during the visit.
- Find a quiet space where you won't be interrupted.
- Have your provider's phone number with you in case your connection goes down.
Contact your physician today to see if a virtual visit is a possibility.