Limited Visitation Permitted at Oswego Health
Throughout this pandemic, Oswego Health has taken every precaution to keep our staff, patients, and facilities safe. It is because of your diligence following established infectious disease prevention protocols that we have managed this pandemic and been able to care for our community.
We understand our community is eager to reopen visitation as visits from loved ones can promote patients’ physical and emotional well-being.
Effective Monday, November 8, 2021, Oswego Health will allow limited visitation back into our hospital, emergency department, and urgent cares.
In coordination with the visitation guidance issued by the New York State Department of Health, we will adhere to the following policies and practices to further protect our staff and the safety of others:
- Each patient can have up to TWO designated visitors, however, only one visitor is permitted at a time. This applies to all inpatient units throughout the hospital. The patient must identify their two visitors at the time of registration. End of life visitation will be handled on a case-by-case basis to allow the family to spend as much time as possible with their loved one.
- General visitation will be from 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- All visitors must be over the age of 18.
- Visitors must undergo symptom and temperature checks upon entering the facility. In addition, visitors will be required to provide their address and phone number at the time of screening for proper contact tracing if needed.
- Once in the facility, visitors must remain in the patient’s room throughout the entire visit.
- Visitors must always wear face coverings and practice proper hand hygiene throughout their stay.
- Visitors must check-out when leaving the building.
- Labor and Delivery– One support person may accompany the patient throughout labor, delivery, and the postpartum period. The designated support person must undergo all necessary screening and will be subject to COVID-19 testing upon arrival to the unit or before if scheduled for a procedure. One other visitor will be allowed and should be designated on admission by the patient. This visitor will be allowed from 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. daily.
- Emergency department –Each patient can have one visitor. We also ask that visitors, when possible, not wait in the waiting room as we are limited in space due to necessary social distancing. There are no restrictions to visiting hours as we see patients 24/7. It is required that the visitor remain in the patient’s room throughout the entire visit.
- Urgent Cares– Each patient can have one visitor accompany them to their appointment. We also ask that additional visitors do not wait in the waiting room as we are limited in space due to necessary social distancing.
- Visitors are not permitted, however on ASU due to limited staff.