Why travel for your medical needs when the safest care is right at home!
At Oswego Health, safety is our priority, and we recognize and can appreciate everyone's concerns today when it comes to healthcare. We pride ourselves on the standards and expectations that define Oswego Health.
Quality & care
The mission of Oswego Health is to provide accessible, quality care and improve the health of residents in our community. With the mission in mind, the purpose of Oswego Health's Quality Management Program is to maintain an effective, ongoing, hospital-wide, data-driven, quality assessment and performance improvement program (QAPI). The goal is to provide care that is patient oriented, safe, effective, timely, efficient and equitable.
Lowest infection rate in area
Oswego Hospital has one of the lowest rates of hospital-acquired conditions, compared to hospitals in the region, according to a Medicare study.
- Oswego Health is among the Top 5% in the nation for providing excellence in patient safety by preventing infections, medical errors and other preventable complications 2016-2020.
- Oswego Hospital earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Hospital Accreditation by demonstrating continuous compliance with its performance standards. The Gold Seal of Approval® is a symbol of quality that reflects an organization's commitment to providing safe and effective patient care.
- The Center for Weight Loss & Surgery at Oswego Health achieve accreditation from the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program®.
- Greater Oswego-Fulton Chamber of Commerce presented Oswego Health and its employees with the Community Investor Award in 2021 for their tireless work throughout the pandemic, to ensure community members had access to testing and proper care.
- Oswego Health Home Care earned a 5-star rating, the highest possible from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for the care it provides its patients.
- The Manor at Seneca Hill has earned a 5-star quality rating and 5-star rating overall from CMS. This rating is based upon numerous care metrics that include staffing, inspections and quality.
- In 2020, the Center for Wound Healing at Oswego Health scored in the top 10% of eligible Healogics® Wound Care Centers® on the Clinical Excellence measure, which is the Comprehensive Healing Rate weighted by wound mix, and received the Robert A. Warriner III, M.D., Clinical Excellence Award. In addition, The Center for Wound Healing was also recognized for Clinical Excellence in Patient Satisfaction and Wound Healing Rates.
- Oswego Hospital Maternity Center received a 5-star rating for C-Section Delivery for two years in a row by Healthgrades.